AstroSoc Corp Astronomy Outreach is a dedicated amateur Astronomy Society operating with the sole intention of promoting Astronomy and the dark skies cause in association with International Dark sky Association (IDA) and Astronomers Without Borders (AWB) which are global organizations based in the United States. We host regular Star Parties and Astrophotography field trips in dark spots away from light pollution and
other sources of pollution which hampers the experience. We also host Seminars and workshops in schools and colleges pertaining to Astronomy and Astrophysics and various other topics which govern the very basics of our existence in the cosmos and how it all started..!
● We have successfully organised more than 150, open to public star parties since 2015
● Conducted over 10 seminars for students in school premises since 2015
● Organised 20 star gazing field trips dedicated for school students since 2017
● Held 3 Astronomy Expos at Science symposiums at Colleges and universities in 2018
Upcoming Events and Field Trips
- Jupiter and Saturn ConjunctionMon, Dec 21Sunset Point, Near Movie Towers, KokapetDec 21, 2020, 5:30 PM – 9:00 PMSunset Point, Near Movie Towers, Kokapet, Khanapur, Telangana 500075, IndiaHello Astrophiles! we are back in the game and proud to announce that we are hosting amazing field trips and stargazing events. The Jupiter Saturn Conjunction is a rare celestial event that will be a starting point to our Field Trips.
- Astronomy Field Trip 2019Sat, Apr 27Pocharam Dam ReservoirApr 27, 2019, 10:00 PM – Apr 28, 2019, 5:00 AMPocharam Dam Reservoir, Pocharam Dam Reservoir, TelanganaOur Field trips on Astronomy are the most popular in the city. Hosted at Serene and remote places such as dams, ecological camps, nature camps etc these field trips are a cosmic revelation to both young and old mind alike. Immerser yourself into a night full of stars, meteors, planets, celestial obj
- Milky Way Galactic Core Summer EventSat, Mar 16Pocharam Forest & Wildlife Sanctuary TraMar 16, 2019, 10:00 PM – Mar 17, 2019, 4:20 AMPocharam Forest & Wildlife Sanctuary Tra, Pocharam Forest & Wildlife Sanctuary Trail Rd, Mirgudpalle, Telangana 502113, IndiaA night under stars with camping and general overview on the night sky. Observation of Milky Way and other celestial objects. Astrophotography